How to Improve Concentration (View this video) is an often googled topic. Concentration is the important, fundamental and crucial factor which determines the success of a person in any field. In this article, you will find most powerful and proven techniques which will definitely increase your concentration power.
It is very important to understand that what exactly concentration is!
Concentration is taking your mind off many things and putting it on one thing at a time.” Often what distracts us are day-to-day misunderstandings and negative feelings.
Your personal work environment plays a large role in your ability to concentrate. The more comfortable and welcoming your environment is, the easier it will likely be for you to stay there and focus.
Here are some ideas for improving your physical environment:
- Make sure you’re comfortable – Start by ensuring that your chair and desk are at the right height for you to work comfortably. If your chair is too high or your desk is too low, you’ll be uncomfortable, and you’ll be tempted to use this as an excuse to get up and walk away.
- Put up pictures – Viewing a natural scene or watching wildlife can help improve concentration. If you’re able to put up pictures in your office or work area, then choose landscapes or natural images that you enjoy. This can help your focus, especially if you can see the pictures from your desk.
- Shut out distractions as much as possible – Listening to music can help, especially if it’s instrumental music. Some people even use “white noise” apps – these produce a steady, undistracting sound like ocean waves or falling rain. This steady background noise can drown out other noise, helping you focus better and ignore distractions.
Follow some simple nutritional tips:
- Drink water – Many of us don’t think about drinking water while we’re at work, yet dehydration can make us feel tired, irritable, slow, or even sick. When our brains don’t have enough fluid, they can’t operate at peak performance. Staying hydrated is an easy way to help improve your concentration during the day.
- Eat breakfast – Start your day with a healthy breakfast. It’s much harder to concentrate when you’re hungry, so eat a well-rounded meal before you go to work. You can also help your concentration throughout the day by keeping healthy snacks at your desk. Almonds, wholegrain crackers, fresh fruit, and vegetables are good choices.
- Get up and move around – Do you walk around during the day? If you’re like many people, you probably don’t move around enough. Research has shown that regular walking can help increase your focus during the day.