JIPMER MBBS exam, or generally referred to as JIPMER exam by the students of class 12 is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry every year for admissions to their undergraduate program. The JIPMER MBBS undergraduate program has 200 seats and is offered in Puducherry and Karaikal.
JIPMER MBBS 2018
JIPMER Exam Date & Other Important Dates
|Application Form Availability||
7th March 2018
|Last Date of Form Submission||
13th April 2018 (5:00 PM)
|Admit Card Issued||
21st May to 3rd June 2018
|JIPMER Exam Date||3rd June 2018|
On or before 20th June 2018
27th – 29th June 2018
|2nd Counselling||25th July 2018|
20th August 2018
28th September 2018
|Closing of Admission||
30th September 2018
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria
- Age: Candidates must have completed 17 years in the admission year, i.e. 2018. There is no upper age limit.
- Candidates should be a citizen of India.
- NRI & OCI candidates can also apply for JIPMER.
- Educational Qualifications for JIPMER Exam (MBBS):
- Candidates should have cleared their Class 12 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology (PCB) and English as the mandatory subjects
- General Category candidates should have cleared Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with minimum aggregate of 60% while OBC/SC/ST/General-OPH candidates should clear these subjects with minimum aggregate of 50%.
JIPMER Exam Application Fee
|OBC (creamy as well as non-creamy)||Rs 1500|
JIPMER Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: JIPMER exam will be conducted through online mode only.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will have Multiple choice type questions.
- No. of Questions: A total of 200 questions will be asked in the JIPMER exam.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct response, four marks will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for every incorrect response
No. of Questions
|Logic and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
|English and Comprehension||10|
JIPMER Exam Syllabus
The JIPMER MBBS Syllabus will be comprised of Class 11th & 12th Subjects. The syllabus is prescribed by the CBSE & State Board. The questions will be come from the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning, English and Comprehension.
Diversity of Living Organisms, Cell Structure and Function, Human Physiology, Biology and Human Welfare, Genetics and Evolution, Plant Physiology, Ecology and Environment, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants and Biotechnology
Electrostatics, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Current Electricity, Electronic Devices, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Matter, Atoms & Nuclei, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, and Communication Systems
Solid State, Solutions, Electro-Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Chemical Kinetics, Coordination Compounds, Aldehyde, Ketone and Carboxylic Acids, Isolation of Elements, Biomolecules, p-Block Elements, Polymers, d- and f-Block Elements, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, and Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Section A: Reading Unseen Passages and Note-making
- Section B: Writing Skills
- Section C: Literature and Long Reading Text