Every year, lacs of students sit for the JEE exam, in the hope of getting admission in top IITs/NITs. The reasons are many – getting into one of the top colleges guarantees a bright future, good 4 year experience, exposure to world’s top faculty, and more.
But ultimately, very few of these candidates make the cut and get a chance to study at the country’s most prestigious engineering colleges. And the ones who come first in this exam are elevated to the status of a celebrity.
But this is just not it – the toppers of JEE exam have an edge because they not only get in top IITs, but also have the potential to make it to world’s top universities for higher studies, research and top companies for internship and job opportunities.
Here, we will tell you what all opportunities are available for JEE toppers in addition to admission in top colleges.
- 2007 – Achin Bansal – Achin Bansal is the first student from Punjab board to top the IIT-JEE.
Achin eventually pursued a degree in computer science at IIT-Bombay and currently works as a Vice president Treasury at Morgan Stanley, Mumbai.
- 2008 – Shitikanth Kashyap – Kashyap studied computer science at IIT-Kanpur. In July 2008, he also won the gold medal at the 39th International Physics Olympiad. Shitikanth finished his CS undergrad from IITK and then went on to complete his PhD in quantum computing from University of Waterloo, Canada. Although we don’t know what he’s doing currently, his Facebook profile shows he also did research work at Laboratoire d’Informatique Algorithmique: Fondements et Applications in Paris
- 2009 – Nitin Jain – Nitin Jain had also topped AIEEE along with IIT-JEE and then went to study at IIT-Delhi.
He was also a gold medalist at the international olympiad on astronomy and astrophysics in 2010, along with two more gold medals in international science olympiads. Nitin completed his internship at Zomato in Dublin. He currently works in google.
- 2010 – Anumula Jithendar Reddy – He went on to study electrical engineering at IIT-Bombay.
In 2015, he went to Switzerland to pursue his Master’s in Electrical Engineering at ETH Zurich.
- Prudhvi Tej Immadi – IIT JEE AIR 1 (2011) – Prudhvi studied electrical engineering at IIT Bombay. He interned with Samsung and received a pre-placement offer in 2014. He finally joined Samsung after graduation and currently stays and works in Mumbai.
- Arpit Agrawal – IIT JEE AIR 1 (2012) – Arpit pursued computer science at IIT Delhi.
Arpit takes a keen interest in writing and regularly blogs at Dil aur Dilli. He completed his internships at Tower Research Capital and Deutsche Bank in 2014 and 2015 respectively. Ultimately, he was picked up by Tower Research Capital, where he now works as a Strategist. Currently, Arpit lives in Delhi.
- IIT Advanced Air 1 2013 – Sai Sandeep is currently pursuing PhD in Computer Science from Massachusetts Institute of Technology ( MIT ).
He did his BTech in CS from IIT Bombay. He also attended ACM ICPC World Finals twice
- 2014 Topper-Chitraang Murdia
Chitraang Murdia from Rajasthan topped IIT JEE 2014. He scored 334 out of 360 marks in the exam. Chitraang had given the exam from the Delhi zone. He was doing B.Tech in Computer Science from IIT Bombay. However, he left engineering to pursue bachelors degree in physics at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
You may have noticed that all JEE toppers are leading different lives but are successful in their respective fields.
We hope this information motivates you and we hope the best for you. If you are a JEE aspirant, then you should also set an aim for yourself and start working towards it.