The IMO results are declared usually 8 weeks after the examination. The result is available on the official website of SOF. IMO results 2016 was declared 19th of January 2017 for level 1 and 10th of March 2017 for level 2. Thus we expect the result to be declared on the similar lines for the year 2017-18. The link for the result will be available here.
|IMO Level 1 examination||5th and 14th December, 2017 (confirmed date)|
IMO Level 1 result
3rd week of January 2018
|IMO Level 2 examination||
2nd week of February, 2018
IMO Level 2 result
2nd week of March, 2018
Steps to check the IMO results
- To check the IMO result you need to have your Roll Number with you.
- Use the below mentioned link, then you would be directed to the official page of the SOF.
- Then, you should enter the details in the given format.
- The result would appear on the screen.
- You are expected to save this result with you in case of future reference.
- Please note that you won’t receive the result by post.
Qualification for level 2 examination
The level 2 is conducted for students of class 3 to class 12. The qualifiers to second round would include the following:
- Top 5% of students class-wise who appear for the 1st level of the examination.
- State-wise and zone-wise top 25 rank-holders.
- Class topper where at least 10 students from a class appear for the exam & scores 50% qualifying marks. In case of section wise registration, students with highest marks irrespective of the section will qualify for the level 2.
In case of two or more students scoring the same total marks, the ranks would be awarded to students scoring higher marks in sections with higher priority, as follows:
Ranking Criterion for Level 2
In case of level 2 exam, ranks will be allotted on the basis of the following criteria:
Total Marks scored in level 2 exam.
In case two or more students score same number of marks, ranks will be determined on following criteria:
- Marks scored in sections in level two exam with higher priority.
- Total marks scored in Level one exam.
- Marks scored in sections, in level one exam, with higher priority.
In case two or more students score same marks under all the categories above, they will be awarded the same rank.
Ranking Criterion for Level 1
The ranks of the students studying in Std. 1 and 2 will be allotted using the following criterion:
- Marks obtained in the exam.
- In case two or more students score same number of marks, ranks will be determined on the basis of marks scored in sections with more priority.
- In case of a tie marks scored by a student in previous class may be considered to determine rank.
- In case two or more students score same marks under both the criteria above, they will be awarded the same rank.
- In case of any confusion decision of the Academic Council will be final & binding.
What after the Level 2 result?
- A Student Performance Report (SPR) is provided to every student who appears for any SOF- Olympiad.
- The SPR gives the detailed analysis about the performance of the student in the level 1.
- This is to make a student realise his/her strengths and weaknesses and areas of improvements when compared to the students who appeared for the examination.
Cut-off Marks for IMO
9th IMO Cut-offs for 2015-16: