KEA will be conducting the KCET counselling 2018 tentatively in the month of June in both online and offline mode. In the counselling process, the candidates will be allotted seats in the participating institutes. KCET will be conducted in an offline manner in May 2018. Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit and preference of the course and college for KCET 2018. They will be called for document verification and seat allotment process. For the counselling of the KCET 2018 candidates must carry all the necessary original documents along with the photocopies. The KCET counselling 2018 will be held after the declaration of the result, which will be tentatively announced in the fourth week of May 2018. The state level entrance exam will be conducted for admission to various B.Tech programmes offered by the Government and private institutions of Karnataka. You are suggested to read this article to know more about the KCET Counselling 2018 process and other details.
KCET-Admission, Counselling and Seat Allotment
Important Dates for KCET Counselling 2018
|KCET 2018 Exam
|First week of May, 2018
|Declaration of KCET 2018 Result
|Fourth week of May, 2018
|KCET 2018 Counselling and verification of documents
|KCET Seat Allotment
KCET 2018 Counselling Procedure
The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) will be conducting the KCET 2018 in both online and offline mode. For the counselling session, KCET 2018 qualified candidates will have to complete their document verification, followed by the registration, option entry and seat allotment process to secure admission into the participating institutes. For KCET counselling 2018, candidates will be called according to their merit and preference of course and the college chosen by them.
Below mentioned is the procedure for KCET counselling 2018. The candidates who wish to appear for the exam must go through them to get a better understanding of KCET 2018 counselling process.
During the counselling process of KCET 2018, candidates have to carry their original documents along with their photocopies for the verification process. Mentioned below are the documents that every candidate must carry along with him/her for the KCET counselling 2018.
- KCET Application Form 2018
- KCET Admit Card 2018
- 2 passport size photographs
- Study Certificate which is counter signed by the Concerned BEO/DDPI
Document Verification and Registration:
- For document verification the qualified candidate must report to the counselling centre as per the schedule allotted to him/her.
- After the verification of documents, a verification slip will be issued to the candidate, after which he/she can participate in the option entry round.
- The candidates who complete the verification process will be given a unique user ID and Password.
Choice Filling and Locking:
- After the document verification is complete the next step is to fill and lock the choices of the colleges and courses. In case of online counselling, the candidate will have to log in with his/her CET number. The admission authority will upload the category wise and college wise seat matrix and the link of the same will be shared with the candidates.
Key points of filling and locking the choices in the KCET Counselling 2018:
- You must select the preferred colleges and courses as per the eligibility in the order of preference. (Please note that there is no limit to the number of options which you enter)
- The candidates must remember that the options entered by them for the first round will remain constant for all the remaining rounds of seat allotments.
- Once the final submissions are done candidates will not be allowed to change their options.
- The priority of options entered by the candidates will be shown on the option entry module. Candidates can review the same by logging in through their credentials.
- In case, a new college or courses is added in the seat matrix, candidates will be allowed to add new options after the first round.
KCET 2018 Seat Allotment
This is the last step in the counselling process where the candidates are allotted seats according to their rankings in the merit list and selection of college and courses during counselling. Depending upon the candidates, the seat allotment of KCET 2018 will be conducted in two or more rounds. Candidates will have to download their admission/ seat allotment letter by using the login credentials. Qualified candidates will have to visit the allotted institute for reporting with necessary documents along with the print out of the admission/seat allotment letter. Candidates must be aware that their admission will be confirmed after the payment of the fees is done.
KCET participating institutes
The participating institutes of KCET 2018 will be the colleges which would be offering seats to various B.Tech programmes, candidates are required to fill the names of the participating institutes of KCET 2018 in the other of their preference for the counselling process. The list of a few institutes participating in the KCET 2018 is given below.
KCET 2018 Participating Institutes
|BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
|Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
|P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
|National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
|MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
|RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
|JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
|B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore