The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) is a national level fellowship program started by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India in 1999. KVPY application form is available on KVPY official site from 11th July 2018. Please note that the last date to fill the KVPY application form is 30th August 2018. Also, there is no other mode to fill the application form. All the necessary information regarding the KVPY application form is provided in this article. Make sure you read it thoroughly!
List of Documents for the Application Process
Before you fill the application form, make sure you have the below-mentioned documents/details at your disposal:
- A Valid Email ID & Mobile Number
- Scanned Photograph, Signature & Caste Certificate (If any) in a JPEG Format
- Photograph (less than 500 KB) and Signature (less than 200 KB)
- Educational Qualification Details
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking Details
These are the basic steps to fill the KVPY application form. Follow the below-mentioned steps for a smooth process:
- Online Registration
- Application Form filling
- Upload scanned documents
- Submit KVPY application form
- Make payment
- Application status
Let us discuss each in detail:
- Online Registration
- Visit the KVPY website: http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/applications.htm
- Click on ‘Login and Application’ as shown in the below image.
- You will be directed to a web page. Carefully read the general instructions, then tick the confirmation checkbox and click on Login.
- Now, you would be directed to the login page. If you haven’t registered already, click on Click here for registration button as shown in the image below.
- A prompt will open to suggest which browser works best for filling the application form. Click on Close and this application form will appear on the page.
- Fill the captcha, check the I Agree option and click on Register to finish the registration process. You will receive your KVPY Login ID and password via an email and text message. You are required to make a note of the KVPY Login ID and password for future use.
- Application Form Filling
- Now, Log in with your User ID and password. Enter the required details and enter the centre preferences.
- Upload Scanned Documents
- Now, upload the scanned documents in the prescribed size and format (Photograph, Signature and Caste Certificates (if any)).
- Submit Application form
- Click on ‘Preview’ to see all the information submitted by you. Carefully check the information and click on ‘Submit’.
- Make payment
- You are required to re-login with your KVPY Login ID and Password. Select a payment mode (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking/Challan) and submit the fees. ‘Your Application is under Scrutiny’ will be displayed on your form.
- Application status
You are advised to re-login after 2 days to check the application status. ‘Your application is successfully submitted’ or ‘your application has been approved’ will be displayed. It is advised to take a print out of application for future use.
The application fee for KVPY-2018 are as follows:
- For General Category/OBC: Rs. 1000+taxes
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 500+taxes
Important dates for KVPY
KVPY Eligibility Criteria
- You should be an Indian National.
- Stream SA: You should be currently enrolled in the 11th standard (Science Stream) for the academic year 2018-19. You must have secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the 10th Std. board examination.
- Stream SX: You should be currently in the 12th/ (+2) during the academic year 2018-19 and should be aspiring to join an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S.) for the session 2018-19. You must have secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the 10th standard board examination. You must have secured 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the 12th std. board examination before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
- Stream SB: You should be currently in the 1st Year of an undergraduate program in sciences (B.Sc./B.S./ B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S.) during the academic year 2018-19 and must have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII/(+2) Standard Board Examination. In the 1st year final examination of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./M.S. you must have secured 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
KVPY Application form correction
No details are available as of now. Once a notification is released this would be updated.
Q- When can I get the application form?
The KVPY releases its advertisement on 2nd Sunday of the month of July every year in national newspapers. The application form can be obtained after the publication of the advertisement. You can also check the dates of this year’s application form release here.
Q- When should I submit application form?
The last date of submission of the application form will be notified in the detailed advertisement published during July every year. You can also visit official KVPY page using this link: http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/index.htm to check the submission date of the application form.
Q- Whom should I contact in case of Examination centre related queries?
Q- The file size of the scanned copies of my photograph/signature/caste certificate exceeds the limit mentioned in the online application form. What should I do?
You need to compress the files and then upload it again to complete the registration.