Candidates aspiring for the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) fellowship can take the online mock available on the official website. The candidates are advised to take online mocks to get an insight into the examination. It is important for one to be acquainted with the examination pattern. Also, since a definite syllabus is not mentioned, appearing for these available mocks becomes essential to familiarize yourself with the question types. Candidates are also advised to devise a strategy for the actual examination with the help of these KVPY mock tests so that they can comfortably attempt the actual examination. To know more about the KVPY mock test keep reading this article.
How to give the KVPY mock test?
- Visit the KVPY official site: http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/applications.htm
- Click on ‘Applications’
- Then click on link given at the bottom of the page for the KVPY mock test
- Then enter your KVPY login ID and password
- Carefully read the instructions given on the page, once done then click on ‘Next’
- Tick the check box provided at the bottom of the page
- Then click on ‘I am ready to begin’
- You can start giving the mock
Instruction for the KVPY mock test
- KVPY is a time-based examination with the time limit of 180 minutes.
- The countdown will be displayed on the top right corner of the screen.
- A question palette will be displayed on the right-hand side, with 5 different symbols given below, to know the status of each question.
How to navigate through different sections?
The question numbers would be displayed in the question palette, you can directly click on the question you wish to solve.
How to answer a question?
- For a question, you would be provided with four answer options, after reading and solving the question thoroughly, you are required to click on one of the four answer options, you wish to mark as the answer.
- If you wish to change your answer you can simply click on the other option.
- Further after answering the question, click on “Save and Next”. The answer would be saved and you can proceed to the next question.
- If you wish to solve a question later, or wish to review your answer, you can click on “Mark for Review & Next” button and come back to the question.
- If you want to change the answer to a question that has already been answered, select that question and click on ‘Clear response’. Follow the same procedure for answering.
Approach to solving the KVPY examination
This test is devised to test your analytical skills and aptitude in the field of science. Thus, you must understand that the approach would vary from person-to-person, depending on his/her skills. So, it is necessary to know your skill set and then approach an examination, this would be possible only after rigorously appearing for mocks and further analyzing your performance in the same.
KVPY is a time-based examination, thus you are advised to be calm and confident during the examination. You should not be stressed. Stress would inversely affect your performance. This might be your first online examination; thus, you are advised to familiarize yourself with the ‘Concept of the Timer’. The timer can induce some amount stress but you should learn to not get affected because of the time pressure.