“Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) would be held on the 3rd of November 2019. The KVPY result is expected in the first week of December. The selection process consists of two stages: Aptitude test and Personal Interview. The candidates clearing the cut-off for the prescribed stream would be eligible for the personal interview. The results of both will determine, one’s selection for the scholarship. To know more about the KVPY result, read this article further.
|KVPY 2019 events||Date|
|Online application begins||8th July 2019|
|Online application closes||31 August 2019|
|Last date of payment of application fees||31 August 2019|
|KVPY Admit card download||First week of October 2019|
|Examination date||3 November 2019|
|KVPY results- Aptitude Test||First week of December 2019|
|Interview process (tentative)||15th of January to 15th of February 2019|
|Final Result (tentative)||March, 2020|
How to check the result?
You can check the KVPY result by logging in using your KVPY Login ID and Password for KVPY 2019. The KVPY result will be separately available for SA stream and SB/SX candidates as the paper also would be held in two sessions. The results will be announced only for those candidates who manage to qualify the examination. You can check your results on the below-mentioned link by following these steps:
Candidates can check their qualifying status for Aptitude test of KVPY as well as final KVPY 2019 result as mentioned below –
- Visit KVPY official website: http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/results.htm
- You need to select your stream-SA/SX/SB for which you have appeared.
- Provide your KVPY Login ID and Password for KVPY 2019.
- Your section-wise scores, overall score with the cut-off marks would be displayed on the screen.
- You can download your result and it is advised to get a copy of the result for future reference.
Cut-off marks for KVPY 2019-20
Cut-off marks for the aptitude test of KVPY 2019 are mentioned below for all the categories.
|Stream||KVPY Cut-off marks 2019 (General Category)||KVPY Cut-off marks 2019 (SC/ST)||KVPY Cut-off marks 2019 (PWD)|
Interview call letters
You can download the call letter from the official KVPY Website by logging in with your user ID and password. You are expected to take multiple printouts of the call letters for future use.
Interview Centres (2019-20)
|Sr.no||Interview City||Aptitude test centre||Interview Venue|
|1||Allahabad||Allahabad, Dehradun, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi||HRI Allahabad|
|2||Bengaluru||Bengaluru, Hubballi, Mangalore, Mysure||KVPY, IISc. Bangalore|
|3||Bhopal||Bhopal, Indore, Nagpur||IISER, Bhopal|
|4||Bhubaneshwar||Bhubaneshwar, Rourkela, Vishakhapatnam||NISER Bhubaneshwar|
|6||Coimbatore||Coimbatore, Kozhikode, Madurai, Salem, Thrichur||Bharathair University|
|8||Delhi-2||Agra, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Noida (SA,SB) & Agra (SX)||Delhi University|
|9||Delhi-3||Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Noida (SX)||JNU|
|10||Hyderabad-1||Hyderabad, Vijayawada (SA)||University of Hyderabad|
|11||Hyderabad-2||Vijayawada (SA), Hyderabad, Kumool, Vijayawada (SX, SB)||CCMB-Hyderabad|
|12||Jaipur-1||Jaipur, Jodhpur (SA, SB)||MNIT-Jaipur|
|14||Kolkata-1||Agarthala, Durgapur, Kolkata, Ranchi, Siliguri(SA)||IISER-Kolkata|
|15||Kolkata-2||Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Patna, Raipur(SA) & Durgapur, Guwahati, Kolkata (SB) & Durgapur, Guwahati (SX)||ISI-Kolkata|
|16||Kolkata-3||Agarthala, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Siliguri (SX)||IACS-Kolkata|
|17||Mohali||Ambala, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Jammu, Mohali||IISER-Mohali|
|18||Mumbai||Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Rajkot, Vadodara||IIT-Bombay|
|19||Pune||Aurangabad, Belgaum, Pune||IISER-Pune|
Important documents required for KVPY interview :
- Application form and Interview call letter (You can download it from the KVPY website)
- Admit card of aptitude test (You can download it from the KVPY website)
- Original mark sheet (10th Mark Sheet for SA/SX stream and 12th for SB stream)
- Caste Certificate (for candidates from the SC/ST categories)
- Medical certificate in case of physically challenged candidates
- A self-appraisal form
- Study certificate form (It is obtained from the Head/Principal where the candidate is enrolled)
- Teacher’s recommendation form (This form is available on the KVPY official website, you can download it and can get it filled by your teacher. It needs to be in a sealed envelope)
Sample KVPY 2019 Interview Questions
Below mentioned are a few questions that are generally asked in the KVPY interview. Candidates should prepare answers for these questions so that they are not caught off-guard during the interview and are prepared for every question of the interview confidently.
- Tell me something about yourself?
- What are your hobbies?
- What are your strongest points?
- What are your weak points?
- Name 2 − 3 favorite players of the National and International level.
- What extra-curricular activities do you participate in apart from being good in academics?
- If you get KVPY Scholarship, how will you utilize the money?
- What is your daily schedule?
- How many hours do you dedicate to studies?
- Which is your favorite subject?
- Who is your favorite teacher?
- What is your aim in life?
- How will your aim, when achieved, serve the country?
- What is your favorite topic in maths, science and social science?
- What all preparations you have done for the Interview?
KVPY 2019 Merit List
The candidates who have qualified for the second round will move to the interview stage i.e. the final stage for the selection process. Based on the performance of the candidate in the interview stage a final merit will be prepared. For the merit list calculation, 75% weightage will be given to the aptitude test and 25% to the interview.
The KVPY 2019 Merit list will be prepared category-wise and stream-wise. Candidates can check the KVPY 2019 merit list in the month of April 2019. The final result will have the names of the candidates who have got selected for the KVPY fellowship. The KVPY 2019 Merit list will be available here, once released.
What to do after the release of merit list?
For SA stream: If your name appears in the SA stream, you must take the admission into the below-mentioned courses. Your scholarship will commence in August 2020 after your successful admission to the undergraduate full-time Basic Science courses listed below:
For SX/SB streams: If your name appears in the SX/SB streams, you will avail the fellowship from August 2020, if you opt for the below-mentioned undergraduate courses. You will have to contact the KVPY office, after which they will forward the required forms for the commencement of the fellowship:
|Undergraduate basic science courses applicable for selected candidates||Course: B.Sc/B.S./B.Stat./B.Math/Int.M.Sc./M.S.
Subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Botany, Zoology, Physiology, Biotechnology, Neuroscience, Bioinformatics, Marine Biology, Geology, Human Biology, Genetics, Biomedical Science, Applied Physics, Geophysics, Material Science or Environmental Science.
KVPY Result analysis 2018-2019
Total candidates appeared: 97467
Total candidates shortlisted for the interview: 3281 (3.4%)
Total candidates awarded KVPY fellowship: 2531 (77% of shortlisted candidates)
|Stream||Shortlisted for Interview (Gen)||Final Selection (Gen)||Shortlisted for Interview (SC/ST)||Final Selection (SC/ST)||Shortlisted for Interview (PWD)||Final Selection (PWD)|
If you qualify the KVPY aptitude test and the interview you would be shortlisted for the KVPY fellowship, the final merit list will be available on the KVPY website (tentatively April 2020) and it will be based on the following combination: –
Result= 75% weightage to the aptitude test + 25% weightage to the personal interview.
The final cut-off marks for the previous year (2018-19) for all streams are as follows:
KVPY Final Cut-off (2018-19):
|Stream||KVPY Cut-off marks 2018 (General Category)||KVPY Cut-off marks 2018 (SC/ST)||KVPY Cut-off marks 2018 (PWD)|
|SA||55% and above||45% and above||45% and above|
|SB||50% and above||34% and above||34% and above|
|SX||55% and above||43% and above||43% and above|